RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-03, 04:58 PM   #1
Speeches Blunt
- Termz, the.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
THE SOURCE: Another Release From Benzino

IP: 41DD F926

A GROWING CHORUS OF AFRICAN AMERICAN LEADERS CALL ON THE SHADY RAPPER TO ADDRESS THE BLACK COMMUNITY AND STOP HIDING BEHIND PRESS RELEASES

BENZINO: “SENATOR TRENT LOTT WAS MAN ENOUGH TO APPEAR ON BET – WHY NOT EMINEM?”

-- The Source Invites Eminem to Participate In Roundtable Discussion of Racism in Hip-Hop --

New York, NY – December 11, 2003 – The Source Magazine today blasted Eminem for his second so-called apology where he again tries to dismiss his racist rantings as the result of youthful ignorance. The Source has incontrovertibly proved that Eminem’s racist and offensive tracks were recorded in 1993 when he was 21, not 16 as he again tries to claim. The actual Maxell tape that Eminem recorded direct-to-tape on is model XL II – 90, lot # J1920322. The Maxell Corporation of America’s Technical Support Unit has confirmed that this tape was assembled October 19, 1992.

Eminem’s second apology comes as a growing chorus of African-American leaders call on the rapper to take responsibility for his words and to address the black community. Malik Zulu Shabazz, National Chairman of the New Black Panther Party and former member of the Zulu Nation, said of Eminem’s second media statement, “I think that’s a garbage excuse…I think that’s weak…1993 wasn’t that long ago…The fact of the matter is that it actually sheds more light on who he really is…he’s really playing a game now with Black people to get some Black money or credibility in a Black industry by really ripping us off…He’s like Elvis Presley…he has talent but has exploited his whiteness in the hip-hop industry to garner himself millions and deceive the Black following…this is good that this has come out so that Black people can really see the true Eminem.”

Grammy nominee Nikki Giovanni said, “I’m not a fan of Eminem and it was a profound disappointment. What’s the purpose of this boy who’s making a living off of a Black art form being deliberately insulting? He had to know that this was not acceptable and what he didn’t expect is that somebody would say something to him. Eminem and the white boys who want to do rap have to grow up. You are just not allowed to be a bigot.”

“Eminem certainly needs to apologize – not just offer the excuse of his youth to deny the racist beliefs that abound,” said Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, Professor – U Penn, Author. “Even if he was just ‘blowing off steam’ as an angry kid, why resort to racist lyrics to denigrate his former girlfriend? His explanation fails to acknowledge the hurtful body of beliefs that have prevailed in this country for centuries, beliefs that he appropriated and circulated through his lyrics. Further, he has refused to admit that such poisonous beliefs are a threat to the very music he loves, and also, to the people who have been responsible for creating the culture he has benefited from, making him wealthy by his own admission.”

“I feel that there is a huge double standard when it comes to mainstream media holding people that are not of color accountable for their actions,” said Crazy Legs of the RockSteady Crew. “If this would have been someone of color, careers would have been lost by now. What Eminem has done is something that has to be taken seriously.”

The Inc. CEO Irv Gotti said, “I love Black women, I got a mother and five sisters, so I been around Black women all my life so I’m a defender of Black women…The thing that bothers me more than the actual tape was his comment…his comment was I was dating an African-American female at the time and it went bad and I was stupid for doing that and everything.”

Ray Benzino said, “Eminem has to stop hiding behind press releases and address the Black community. Trent Lott was man enough to appear on BET – Why not Eminem?”

Dave Mays said, “We invite Eminem to come to The Source for a roundtable discussion on racism and the Hip-Hop community…”

Pretty long i know, but read it. And dont move this to Hiphop Discussion ..
Old 12-11-03, 05:10 PM   #2
T.J. Money

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 4577 CD9A

i mean do u really think eminem with go the source come one now him and benzino has been beefin so i doubt he will go the the source for a round table discussion and u personaly think he is raciest
Old 12-11-03, 05:20 PM   #3
Speeches Blunt
- Termz, the.

IP: 41DD F926

How the fuck do i think HE is racist? The song he did to the black female WAS racist .. i dont give a fuck what colour you are .. it WAS racist, no matter what. And no, i didnt really expect him to go to the source .. but what exactly can Benz do there ? He cant exactly kill him infront of people .. its a chance to try clearing it all up.
Old 12-11-03, 05:21 PM   #4
Emerge

IP: 0D29 2657

camarac you are blasphemous and annoying with your ten alias

and this article was too long

but atleast it was informative
Old 12-11-03, 06:17 PM   #5
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: 15B1 ECD1

I feel the same way about this shit like Crazy Legs was sayin....WHy the fuck eveybody wanna cover up and swep under the rug what that fool said? We see Micheal Jackson all on the 6 o'clock news and when it come to Eminem's shit it's just a little blimp on the radar.......Talk about that bullshit too!

Bang On The Table Productions
Old 12-11-03, 06:43 PM   #6
fo'trill
The Alternative MC

IP: A2DB BA3B

Quote:
“I love Black women, I got a mother and five sisters, so I been around Black women all my life so I’m a defender of Black women

then why do u help produce music that degrades all women? Eminem should come out publicly and apologize, but WTF. black artists disrespect black women all the time so to blow it up like this is stupid. it's going from exposing racism to using it as a tool to bring down someone u have beef with. Fuck that, since we find ourselves so righteous lets go after ALL artists who disrespect ALL women.

"I knew god hated me, created me, and threw me on a planet thats afraid of me"-Ill Bill

"Hit bongs bigger than indoor pools
On treez like ewoks screamin "Endor Rules"-Fo'tryll

"Ur only alive till ur dead"-Royce 5'9"

www.soundclick.com/fo'trill
Send a message via AIM to fo'trill   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 06:47 PM   #7
Speeches Blunt
- Termz, the.

IP: B44B 30DC

Quote:
Originally posted by ...::ËMËRGË::...
camarac you are blasphemous and annoying

Where as you are just fucking annoying and pointless to the board, no one would even notice if you were to be banned from here so fuck off.
Old 12-11-03, 07:13 PM   #8
KaaS
THE ILLEST

IP: B12A A5E1

I cant see eminem goin to the source, not without 50, obie and g-unit and perhaps dre, all hell would break loose and I bet someone would come out of it with some sort of serious injury
Send a message via AIM to KaaS   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 10:09 PM   #9
illogicalbeats

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 0AE5 DEDB

man funk this ... what ever ... when em hates on chicks and gays i didnt see yall runnin up and sayin jack ......cause no one cared but oh my god dont let him tunr that foul mouth on a black person because thats not cool .....face the facts ..em has allway's been full of hate and non of yall cared till it came home to rosst...you liked him before this ,,,,so fuc it u get what u get .....
Old 12-11-03, 10:19 PM   #10
Accelerate
Straight Savage.

IP: 8BEC CACE

^ I liked him before he became whack.
The song is racist..don't try to get all Stan-Like on mehe's like 30 now...so in 93 he wasn't 16. OBVIOUSLY...
He's racist, but yeah, I don't classify Hip-Hop as Black music, nor classify rock as white music. Everyone can do it, as long as they make it good
Old 12-11-03, 11:40 PM   #11
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 17A6 BC21

Quote:
Originally posted by illogicalbeats
man funk this ... what ever ... when em hates on chicks and gays i didnt see yall runnin up and sayin jack ......cause no one cared but oh my god dont let him tunr that foul mouth on a black person because thats not cool .....face the facts ..em has allway's been full of hate and non of yall cared till it came home to rosst...you liked him before this ,,,,so fuc it u get what u get .....

Anyone who hates on women I hate. Even talking about that shit isn't right.
I'm white, its just a pretty simple rule, that is well, about as normal as breathing is to me; don't use the word "nigger"
He should also be smacked the fuck around for those lyrics. Forget about the racist remarks, that song was just wack. An insult to music itself.

Oh, and no, I didn't like Eminem before this.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 11:51 PM   #12
Mental God

IP: D3E4 CAF4

I Did.

I Still Do.

I Could Care Less What He Said In The Past. He Obviously Isn't Racist If He Is The Only White Guys On His Label....
Old 12-12-03, 03:22 AM   #13
HK The Great
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: D87D 0BB5

this shit is stupid as hell... i aint never heard the song but like, i lose whatever type of respect i had for benzino cuz im not sayin dont call someone out on it but he fuckin gave out cds of that shit knowning what it would do, and then for him to turn and say its all on him... if he really gave a fuck at all, he wouldnt fuckin spread it he would have walked up to him like a man and said something to his face, not go running around tellin every leader of every black organization... and about that double standard... they got it backwards... minorities ex. mex, black, asian, whatever all can say cracker and whitey and say alkinds of off color jokes but as soon as a white person says a off color joke, every black person wants their head and shit... yet they are being racist themselves... so anyways back to this whole benzino thing, its fuckin obvious what he is tryin to do, come on now, just think a lil bit.... someone u have alkinds of beef wit releases something that can destroy ur image and shit... that foo dont give a fuck about that tape he just tryin to break somebody... and as for the apology, he should come out and say it publicly and everything... and about the tapes age someone could easily dub it onto a different tape just so that it looks from a later date... come on u gotta look at the "source" from where we got the tape, eminems biggest enemy and shit.... and i agree that if ur gonna call out eminem for say derogatory remarks toward a black woman and get all bent outta shape about it, then u have to go and get every single rapper to ever say something negative and get an apology from them.... so finally, let God judge the racists and just leave it alone
Old 12-12-03, 03:24 AM   #14
HK The Great
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: D87D 0BB5

and dont call me a "stan" cuz that was a gay ass fuckin song, and i dont dick ride that fool, and im not white either
Old 12-12-03, 04:58 AM   #15
wogzta

IP: 5C4B 9DFC

god this is seriously old

I think we all know Benzino only did this to get publicity. He could've released this stupid tape at any time, but he chose to release it right after Eminem hammered him into the ground beyond any lyrical hope of coming back to the surface.

Eminem definetly needs to admit what he did was wrong, apologise, and take the comments back. But why the fuck isn't anyone attacking him for hating gays, fat women, his wife, his mother, his fans, countless pop stars and other white rappers. If he really hated black people, he wouldn't do rap. A real racist believes what they say, says it frequently, and hates another race to the point that they are disgusted by them. Eminem, as far as I know, has not worked with any other white rappers. All of them were black. Not only that, he does beats for free for black rappers, gives them props always, and stays true to the art form. He could make bling-bling any day and triple his sales.

And all those "white boys can't rap" idiots, are being racist directly to white, and indirectly to black. Almost everyone I know who thinks white boys can't rap is because most of the white rappers don't portray a "thug" image. So that's like saying, they expect black people to be gangstas, and Eminem, as a white boy, can't do it properly.

I do wanna see if Em goes to this discussion though. He needs to face up to what he said, but screw all this Benzino crap. It's not Em's fault that Fag-zino is not as good as him.