RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-04, 12:48 PM   #1
Idyllic Queen
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Hester Prynne

IP: 138A 298E

(About the Character, Hester Prynne, in Nathaniel Hawthorn’s, The Scarlet Letter)

For those of you who haven't read The Scarlet Lettr heres the inside...Hester Commited Adultery and had a kid and because of that sin she was an outcast in community and had to wear the Scarlet Letter "A" on her breasts...

-------
My body trembles as the earth’s vexatious breeze strokes my pale flesh
And my hair dances ominously with the leaves as people scoff at the symbol upon my wearied breast.
And, oh how their taunts and jeers suffocate my identity unto some creature of the night
As if my mortal self is no longer and the emblem upon my bosom is what truly has given me life!
But, behold two solemn cries that flow from the lips of my very own transgression
Whose flawed existence comforts this dreary soul and feeds to the public’s obsession.
Hypocrites! For I know I am not but the only one whose nature strayed upon a different path
And yet they so eagerly shun me down to say my name is written with in the book of the man of black.
And now…my feeble fingers tediously trail upon the scarlet and gold threads that bound me so securely to my sin
For, I am an outcast to this canting community, and oh my child to my iniquity, you too shall be locked in!
My babe, Oh my babe! I fear these chains shan’t ever be set free, for truly the only key is but, to forgive.
In which, my child, they do not know the meaning, merciless in their ways! And so in pain we two must live!
But, hence my beloved, both you and I, shall grow so close in bond between our one deprived world,
That nothing of mortal power shall diverge our hearts, for you are your mother’s precious baby girl…
Oh, How nothing shall ever tear us apart,
Not the hypocrites of whom are so free
Nor the demons that lurk with in the forest
Oh my darling how nothing shall take us apart!

Check out my Poetry
Old 07-17-04, 04:13 PM   #2
raw killa
fuck da hataz B.A.M 4 life

Text Record: 5-9
IP: E615 0B12

damn mami u got sum good poetic skillz i use 2 write regular poetry still do sumtimes when im in da rite mood but i stick 2 my lyrics now buut yo i liekd it a lot check me outim in da open mic forum tell wut u like bout my skill or dont like holla back shouts 2 d gurl xxxtasy love ya baby gurl

VOTE IN THESE SLEPT ON BATTLES N ILL RETURN DA FAVOR WIT HONEST VOTES
Old 07-17-04, 09:58 PM   #3
God
Jumpin' Along

IP: C56C 93CC

hell yeah that was dope... nice shyt ... i read that book to nice

3 Dq's dont get it twisted

-An Origional Rv member since 2003 ..Still think you can beat me? -
Send a message via AIM to God   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 03:23 AM   #4
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 78D8 9CA9

Seems old english to me. Excellent vocab and word usage. Wasn't something I thought was amazing to me, but something that was amazing in itself. Good looking - I'ma have to peep this poetry section more closer now.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 03:39 AM   #5
Idyllic Queen
New to RB

IP: AF3D 05DD

^THeres a reason for that...old English is my life..I study epic poetry from Dante and Homer and other various authors of th 300 Bc's and shit...only thing I do read...I feel true litterature ended whn the Eliz' times ended.

Check out my Poetry
Old 07-21-04, 08:10 PM   #6
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 78D8 9CA9

Dayum you know your stuff. All I read is the Odessy. Interesting a younger girl would be into that. Throws a mad different perspective on things though. Thats like how I'll listen to hip hop and whatever, but I listen to classical too. I love that stuff. I prolly have more classical downloaded than hip hop. Even the new stuff. Good looking with this drop - it gives me a good mix of stuff done here. And don't worry about bad feed - jealous cats are everywhere....

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-04, 06:58 PM   #7
G_$peed
$Thug Life$

IP: 7C6F 690C

he he nice you have it good i wish i knew poets
peace
luv 4 u

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸**¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
«´¨`·..* G_$peed *..·´¨`»
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´**`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*