RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-04, 02:51 PM   #16
KaaS
THE ILLEST

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1A3F 0057

i agree with post it dont matter what colour you are as long as you stay true to yourself and dont try and like something your not

and who is that girl in c-sections sig?
Send a message via AIM to KaaS   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-04, 02:54 PM   #17
Hybrid Echo
Banned

IP: 002B 997E

Are You Sayin You Look Like An Alien Then??

But Yeah I Agree Wit This Shit I Dont Think That Pple Should Try To Act Like A Gangster Or Thug, Man I Have Too Many Of Those Kids At My Skool Well I Think This Thread Wuz A Decent One
Old 01-02-04, 02:55 PM   #18
Detrimental

Text Record: 0-1
IP: AE53 2649

^are you serious?

i was joking bout being mixed like that lmao............
Old 01-02-04, 04:41 PM   #19
Edicius
Eddy.

IP: 77D5 6AAD

What a homo tread..

I mean this kid is considerin Bubba sparxx as a made man in hiphop

ROFL ..See that proves..cuz he's black..that hiphop aint got shit to do with colour..
Old 01-02-04, 04:48 PM   #20
PostMan

IP: A3D6 6837

Quote:
Originally posted by Edicius
What a homo tread..

I mean this kid is considerin Bubba sparxx as a made man in hiphop

ROFL ..See that proves..cuz he's black..that hiphop aint got shit to do with colour..

*contains self

ok well we all have different opinoins.. you dont rap we know that. but we all have different opinions. but ok.... i neva said he was a made man. i said that he wasnt talkin about bein a thug.

but i guess someone with a small mind as you wouldnt know shit about hiphop. go do some text and think you know what the hiphopworld is about.

Thank you.

*laughs at the fact someone from amerstdam is trying to tell me he knows more about hiphop then me.
Old 01-02-04, 04:54 PM   #21
Edicius
Eddy.

^Laughs at the fact u dont know shit about me ..

Plus i do rap..& im almost sure im better at it than u = )

Bubba.. lmao
Old 01-02-04, 04:55 PM   #22
PostMan

IP: A3D6 6837

Quote:
Originally posted by Edicius
^Laughs at the fact u dont know shit about me ..

Plus i do rap..& im almost sure im better at it than u = )

Bubba.. lmao

yea..

my online songs make it to the top of the soundclick charts..... plus i get studio time offline... makin moves..... you dont anything about the industry kid. so how about you aim me and ill teach you how the hiphop/industry works. youll never make it in the rap world. just give up and go write a text piece.
Old 01-02-04, 04:57 PM   #23
Edicius
Eddy.

^LOL

Funny guy ..

I produce / rap / perform outside the net aswell

W/ a band..u know that ?..performing infront of real people :O

But the facts remains, u think u know it all, tho u know shit lol..

Brb
Old 01-02-04, 05:28 PM   #24
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: A552 E1D0

*Does a white mans dance*
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-04, 05:40 PM   #25
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: 35FC FCFD

Look Imma put my shit out there like this.........

I come to the fact that for the most part since hip-hop has blended and mixed in to popular culture that it all type of thoughts, attitudes and beliefs in hip-hop. You got emcees from England and Asia and all over the world white and black doing hip-hop, aiight kumbaya and all that good shit......

Me myself, I just look at the realistic picture. It almost getting to the point that white poeple got they version of hip-hop and black got theres. It fucked up but that how it;s becoming...Aint no black people gonna give a fuck about no Def Jux and Atmosphere for the most part, not that those dood don;t have skillz, but they subject matter, lingo, and the way they go about they music don't realate to black folks, and on the flip side, Look at Em. Yes he has skills but you can;t sit here and tell me that a good portion of Em success isn;t becasue he';s white, the same with Atmohpere and Asope Rock getting burn on Alternative rock and some Top 40 stations now....How the the fuck you gonna say..."We don't play hip-hop but we'll play Eminem, El-P and Slug though".....

Now how you think a black rapper is gonna feel, when the game is being tooken out of your hands not becasue of skill but becasue of politics. You gonna be like "Man fuck that! That shit ain;t right"!

Thats why poeple are saying what they sayin about the MTV battle because anybody with half a brain saw that Riegn Man won that, now would you blame Reign if he;s bitter on some "fuck these white poeple" shit? after what happened? I mean could you really blame him?

Thats why I have a problem with some whites that be on some "awww get over it, "it not THAT bad," slavery is over" all that shit.. It ain;t even about acual slavery, the shit I'm talking about is happening NOW. If you don;t think it's still some roadblocks and discrimination we have to go through then you nieve and jadded as hell........

Sometimes I wanna get on some ghost shit like they do on T.V and show some of you white boys what a nigga really goes through on a day to day basis cuz ya'll really don't know..ya'll just talking from ya'll cozy houses on the hills and comment on shit ya'll ain;t gon never go through......

Thats why I'm to the point now where I'm like fuck it, you respect me, I respect you, coo....but if you don;t understand where I'm coming from then fuck you, I don't really give a fuck about you....point blank, call it what you want

Bang On The Table Productions

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 01-02-04 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-02-04, 05:59 PM   #26
DaGyrlRemarqabL
..A New Breed of Femcee..

Text Record: 3-0
Re: The True Colors of HipHop

IP: 399E F0FD

Quote:
Originally posted by PostMan
I have heard many complaints that "whiteboys" dont get enough respect in hiphop. Well its all about being real not a race. Hiphop is considered a black thing because of the culture it created when it first started.

But what people fail to realize is that Many racist shaped hiphop. Yea you had run dmc. and back then rock was dominant. But hiphop was more then just rapping. bboying, graff, djing all shaped hiphop.

Now hiphop is seen as rap only by the kids of today. hiphop is a culture/way of life. you dont have to be "gangsta" or portray the "thug" image. Even blacks who know nothing about the hood try to enter the rap scene as a thug. but dont get the same respect.

So what is the point im trying to make. Hiphop is not a color. Look at bubba sparx. he made it just being honest. i even bought his cd. and alot of kids around the city did. he was real. he didnt come out wearin jerseys wearin bandana's.

So lets just keep it real folks. thats what hiphop is about.

You're an English teacher's worst nightmare..
Your speech had some validity though..
Old 01-02-04, 06:14 PM   #27
C.Quip

IP: 27F9 C48A

Whiteboys Get Respect..They Just Look Differently.
Old 01-02-04, 07:31 PM   #28
High Class
A King Missing a Queen...

IP: 8D7B 43DF

You dont know the game very well post man...
Hip hop is diffrent than Rap... Rap was brought up in the late 80's and early 90's as a street deal. Hip Hop was more of soul and dance type feel. The whole concept of color doesnt matter anymore, cause so many people are into it. Why do you always bring up color? Its stupid... The only thing that should matter is whats being said, or how good it is. Then behind that, if there real or fake. I know plenty of white boys that have blasted people for the hell of it. The thug life evolved into every race just about. So talk about certain things rather than race. Cause its pathetic that you judge people by that matter... And yes im going y your other thread as well...
Rap is Rap, If there good, there good... Who gives a fuck about race when your listening to them on a CD player?

Sig created by "Tha Sick One..."

CRHYME SINDICATE

Open Mic Drops
-Defying The Odds-

Higher Thinking League
Record 2-0

High Class vs Tweety ( semifinals match)

Old 01-02-04, 07:32 PM   #29
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

IP: 2DF8 44D6

First off.....Hip-Hop has been political for some time now.

Secondly....I've been thru this before with you, D-Dizzle. I don't intend to go thru that Hell again.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-04, 07:34 PM   #30
DEL the funkee

IP: 3C7D 2F02

Uhmmmmm Whatever