RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-04, 03:35 PM   #16
Metaskriptz
Doper Then Dope

IP: A28C 24B9

same I like the video too
Send a message via AIM to Metaskriptz   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-04, 03:56 PM   #17
aniles
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2AD5 CB94

Immortal Technique,

You got skillz, shorty. Be sure to keep writing.

aniles
Old 05-11-04, 04:40 PM   #18
Identity2k
Flyweight

IP: C1DA C961

i really dont like the 99 problems video. this guy is always biting off of biggie and pac but says he does it out of "respect", thats the biggest fuckin lie i've ever heard. i dont like him as an MC nor a person, i think hes so badly on big and pacs dick that he idolizes death and being shot. he thinks that to be "good" or the "best" (which he aint, not even close) you have to get shot up and the thinks its a loyalty or something, the video is popausterous and him getting shot at the end was taken as an insult to the rap game to me.

why do it// knowin u can light my saliva like lighta fluid//-Royce da 5'9''
Old 05-11-04, 04:43 PM   #19
EyeDEA
Drop of Genius

Text Record: 0-1
IP: E3CA 7CA2

The video is pretty hot but i dont really like the song though but thats juss my opinion
but o well
Old 05-13-04, 11:28 AM   #20
aniles
New to RB

Clarification please

IP: 2AD5 CB94

Why do you think the "99 problems" video is an insult to the rap game? Do you think that it perpetuates negative images of hip-hop music? What's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity2k
i really dont like the 99 problems video. this guy is always biting off of biggie and pac but says he does it out of "respect", thats the biggest fuckin lie i've ever heard. i dont like him as an MC nor a person, i think hes so badly on big and pacs dick that he idolizes death and being shot. he thinks that to be "good" or the "best" (which he aint, not even close) you have to get shot up and the thinks its a loyalty or something, the video is popausterous and him getting shot at the end was taken as an insult to the rap game to me.
Old 05-13-04, 12:30 PM   #21
ladyflamez
New to RB

IP: 538B 7891

I heard that video was fire...and i dont doubt it...
Jay is my favorite rapper. I havent seen it yet,
cuz i dont watch tv that much. But, when i do
I know i wont be let down.

...Quiet Storm...
dont fuck w. me!
Old 05-13-04, 04:15 PM   #22
Gunit101
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-5
IP: E3CA 7CA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniles
Jay-Z says that his video represents the ending of one career and the start of a new one. I think that we will see a very different Jay-Z from what we are accustomed. We usually see the "big pimpin" Jay-Z, but now we are about to see the "conscious" Jay-Z. In his "99 problems" video, Jay-Z tries to present an authentic picture of inner-city life. Through his lyrics and his visual images, jay-z shows those in mainstream society the pain and struggles that the black community, especially black men, experience in America. He represents those who are often ignored, neglected, and silenced. With their being so much police brutality in this country, I can understand why he chooses to get shot multiple times at the end of the video. It seems to me that he wants to show Americans that he relates to the struggles that his brothers face. That he is no different from them. No matter how much money he has, he's still a black man in this racist country. Matter fact, if it wasn't for hip-hop, he probably would be in jail, selling drugs, or dead. He's even admitted this. Let's face it, the federal and local goverments continue to make it difficult for black men to succeed. It's sad that the basketball court seems like the only place where black men dominate. I know some would disagree with me, thinking that because we live in a democratic country, the land of the free and the home of the brave, there is no excuse for black men not advancing politically, educationally, and economically. Yes, there are more opportunities for black men to move ahead. But unfortunately, many of our black men our locked up behind bars or on the streets slingling. We have some brothers who have paid their debt to society, but cannot vote or find a decent job because they have a felony on their record. Now, who should we hold accountable for this? Schools in the inner-cities are underfunded. Most black boys are discouraged from learning, often being placed in special education classes. Many teachers just don't give a damn. We are to blame in part, because we are allowing these conditions to continue.

Back to Jay-Z's video, I feel like Jay-Z is trying to represent reality, as opposed to fantasy. The scene in which the group of black men, dressed in all black, step in unity, reminds me of a fraternity. When these black men end their stepping routine by extending their arm, showing their closed fists, I am reminded of the Black Panther Party ( who usually dressed in black berets, black outfits, and guns) and the Black Power movement. Matter of fact, black and latino youth in the Bronx gave birth to hip-hop in the mid 1970's when the Black Panther Party was dying out owing to their contradictions, infighting, as well as the goverment's political pressure, jailings, and murders of panthers.

u are whack man who cares about jay-z

Old 05-13-04, 04:58 PM   #23
Crossword
yawn

IP: 06D4 9403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunit101
u are whack man who cares about jay-z

...Umm, obviously a lot of people do. Shut your face. , Thank you

do your research.

Send a message via AIM to Crossword Send a message via Yahoo to Crossword   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-04, 11:26 AM   #24
kawtic²
New to RB

IP: 3FEE A354

"i got 99 problems but a bitch aint one"
That was bittin from an Mc battle bak on mtv

Piru Love

<table style=filter:GLOW(color=red)>Free Agent Send Me A Pm</table>
Old 05-14-04, 11:35 AM   #25
LyricalMethod
***Man Down***

Text Record: 12-14
IP: B6DF 2706

the video was aigth. it didn't aww me or nothin. i understand what it stood for. but he culd have portrayed it better. one

THIS RAP SHIT IS NOT A GAME CRAZE

I GOT THE ARTILERY THAT AH RING YAH HEAD 4 DAYS

SO ONLY COME AT ME PROPER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RAP LIKE MACE
Send a message via Yahoo to LyricalMethod   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-04, 08:12 PM   #26
K-Trin
Banned: Cheating

IP: 9EF2 7F0D

You know....on rap city,Big Tigger made an interesting comment.He says that Jay-z claims that gettin shot meant he's leaving the "Jay-Z" name and going to "Sean Carter" name.So does that mean that he gonna make another album..but just with the Sean Carter name?Big Tigger also said that if he does..that means he was marketing us with the Black Album.

I don't know...I honestly think Jay-Z would do sumtin like dat too.Everyone think he gone..then he comes back as Sean Carter.That would piss a lot of people off..cause that meant he used the whole retirement shit as a marketing scam.

Only time will answer/
~1~
Send a message via AIM to K-Trin   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-04, 08:23 PM   #27
Lyrical Demon 04

Text Record: 1-8
IP: DAA3 2944

its o damm k
Old 05-14-04, 08:27 PM   #28
K-Trin

^^^ Wat.....stop Freeposting...wat You Said Made No Sence!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-04, 09:26 PM   #29
Da Vinci
THE COUNCIL

Text Record: 17-0
IP: 6D9E 466F

I think its lame without a doubt
Send a message via AIM to Da Vinci Send a message via MSN to Da Vinci   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-04, 09:28 PM   #30
K-Trin

niggas stop freeposting...give a reason.

I swear..mods need to be here to clean things like these up.