RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-05, 12:58 PM   #1
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

Got Skillz - Spring 2005 (Audio Tourney)

IP: 2FD5 47F6

Alright.....I incorperated the name of a previous audio tournament because I wanted it to run as smoothly. Basically, it will be a one on one audio tournament that will produce a winner who will have bragging rights over all of the audio heads until the next tournament. I would like to get some prizes in here, but like most of RV, I am broke....so I can't offer any real money. If people want to donate things, I will try to make it worth it for them by helping them out with anything they might need help with. It could be a fair vote on a battle that needs closing or help in elevation or whatever......we just need some donations

Rules
This is going to be a very simple tournament. All the rules are going to reflect most of the tournaments that have been in place thus far.

1. There will be a voting council that will also help me mod consisting of two other people besides myself. These mods/voting council members will not be participating in the tournament.

2. Battles will go up on Wednesdays, check ins will be due by Friday, verses will be due by Sunday. All of the deadlines will be midnight EST. If you don't know what time that is, ask someone who lives on the eastcoast.

3. There will be no PMing or swaying for votes. There is only going to be a three member voting council to prevent such things from happening, but if I suspect anything like this, I will overrule votes if it seems necessary.

4. Matchups will be random, but expect the first week to be filled with matches of stronger veterans against newer audio members. This is not being done to give out easy wins, but if you can't beat one of the better members now, you won't beat them later. This will allow for the best final match up possible.

5. Each week I will give out the required time limits and speculations of each match up. One week I may decide to do topicals or something like that just to keep things intresting and to ensure that people don't prewrite against people that they think they will be up against.

6. To keep threads from getting too long, I will erase check ins after BOTH contestants check in. I will indicate the check ins with an edit in the firstt post. After both of the verses are dropped, I could care less about the posting, but I want to keep the soundclick links as close to the top of the thread as possible.

7. Everyone who signs up will get a chance to participate meaning there will be three way matches in the first week of the tournament to get the match ups evened out for the second week.

So now I guess I need two more people to help me mod and vote on the battles. Remember, if you are a mod, you cannot participate in the tournament. Please do not PM me about becoming a mod or try catching me on AIM to ask because I will not give you an answer.....just drop your name in here and I will let everyone know my decision before the tournament starts.

Also, people can start signing up so I can know how many people to expect. Please leave an email address so I can let you know when the tournament will start

--------------------Signed Up So Far---------------------

Mods
...Voke...
FuxJustAWord
Daz
will a peer

Contestants
1. 9th Degree
2. New Method
3. ...Voke...
4. SPuL
5. FuxJustAWord
6. Immac
7. Diabolic
8. Ecko
9. ub2ez
10. RdotGod
11. C.A.L.I
12. gotaasswhoppin4u

Last edited by enygma : 02-13-05 at 01:23 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Enygma Send a message via MSN to Enygma Send a message via Yahoo to Enygma   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 01:08 PM   #2
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 3358 DF00

I'm down, hope this gets off the ground, unlike the last audio tourney
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 02-12-05, 01:08 PM   #3
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Text Record: 14-0
Audio Record: 6-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FEFC E273

signin up to be in the tourney
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 01:15 PM   #4
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
I'm down, hope this gets off the ground, unlike the last audio tourney

I guarantee this tourney gets off the ground as long as we have atleast 16 people sign up

Once I get the forum from strobe (in a couple of days) I will post a sign ups thread. If you already signed up in here, I will put your name on a list in that thread so you know you don't need to sign up again
Old 02-12-05, 03:09 PM   #5
...Voke...
"Click Clack"

Text Record: 6-2
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 28AD 5545

I want in..........If you need, i've modded alot before
Old 02-12-05, 03:14 PM   #6
SPuL™
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 33-6
Audio Record: 6-1
IP: D3C0 ADFE

weerd, this foo in.
Send a message via AIM to SPuL™   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 03:16 PM   #7
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Voke...
I want in..........If you need, i've modded alot before

You can't be in the tourney and mod it as well. I am not choosing the mods until I see who all wants to mod because I am looking at a certain few qualities for these mods. If you want, I will put your name in for both, but if I choose you to mod, you can't participate in the tourney.....if I don't choose you to mod, you will automatically be in the tourney.
Old 02-12-05, 03:22 PM   #8
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 3B27 2020

im in for the tourney....... but hey, if the amount of people who sign up overflow and u get way more than u can handle...... ill mod instead, since right now it looks like no ones willin to do that, and i see alotta people sing up who i NEVER knew did audio

ohhh, and is there a date u hope to start the tourney?? or in how many weeks/months??

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 02-12-05, 03:28 PM   #9
¤ÐÅž¤
leave you rest'n pz's

Text Record: 22-7
IP: 7B25 12F1

yo E, ill help mod if you'd like.........its nothin new to me.........so ya...pz
did you think i wouldn't recognize lines that i made
then you come up some bullshit tryna prove that im gay...!
fake fucks..move on...!
Old 02-12-05, 03:32 PM   #10
Immac
The UNDERGROUND Movement

IP: A801 38FF

ill be down if you get some prizes...

The Jury
</center></fieldset>
Send a message via AIM to Immac Send a message via Yahoo to Immac   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 03:36 PM   #11
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immac
ill be down if you get some prizes...

Like I said.....I don't have any prizes yet. If people are willing to donate them, I will be more than glad to return the favor in any way I can. I can offer up my RV money, but I don't think anyone cares too much about that anymore. If there is nothing to offer up as a prize besides bragging rights....I will donate all og my RV money towards it
Old 02-12-05, 03:43 PM   #12
Immac
The UNDERGROUND Movement

if you wanna have a big sucessful tourny you need some prizes.. thatll make a lot of join and more people come to your site... plus itll make people not no show

The Jury
</center></fieldset>
Send a message via AIM to Immac Send a message via Yahoo to Immac   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 03:50 PM   #13
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: EFBB CF74

shit...ill be down.....

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 03:50 PM   #14
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

I know how to run a tournament, but the fact still remains.......I HAVE NO PRIZES TO GIVE OUT!!! We haven't had an audio tournament that hs been ran properly, or even got to a final round, since the Got Skillz - Summer 2004 audio tournament. I know you are new to this site, but believe me, we will get enough people to do this. If people want to no show, then I will put their name on a list to make sure they are not allowed in the next tourney. I understand that there are extenuating circumstances, so if you cannot show, please let me know asap so I can try to find you a replacement
Old 02-12-05, 03:53 PM   #15
Immac
The UNDERGROUND Movement

i guess ill do it...

The Jury
</center></fieldset>