RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-06, 05:10 PM   #1
Dervla
Poet's Daughter.

Nas On 'Partnering With' Jay-Z: 'I'm Ready To Go

IP: 13A6 FD6E

Nas On 'Partnering With' Jay-Z: 'I'm Ready To Go — I'm Ready To Kick Ass'

Simply put, Nas and Jay-Z together are a "threat."

That's how the Queensbridge rhyme savant explains some of his peers' criticism of his signing to the Jay-Z-led Def Jam label. Since the deal was announced, MCs such as Fat Joe, Cam'ron and 50 Cent have publicly questioned how Nas could sign with a onetime foe who had an affair with the mother of his daughter and talked about it on wax (see "Jay-Z Calls Cam's Dis Track 'Trash' And A Cry For Attention").

"That would be small-minded," Nas said recently while sitting next to Jay. "That's what I want people to understand. Me coming over to Def Jam, I'm bringing something to the table. I'm equivalent to any of the artists that are there. I'm ready to go — I'm ready to kick ass.

"The movement is bigger than what someone says about Nas for the moment," he added. "I've always had someone say something about me. I'm one of the most crucified artists in the game, thank you! This is what challenges me, what makes me go on. When people have negative things to say, it's all good."

"We're thinking bigger than what was said on the record," Jay added. "We're thinking bigger than what people perceive this as. We're thinking as responsible, grown men. I know that's not popular, especially in the state of hip-hop right now, but that's what it is. We've been chosen as leaders. We have to lead. We can't follow people's perception of what this union is. I didn't sign Nas, I partnered with Nas. You can't sign an artist of Nas' stature, you can only partner with him."

As Nas' new partner, Jay definitely wants to give his input on God's Son's Def Jam debut, a project both MCs feel could be Nas' best album ever. Hov wants to surround Nas with a circle of top-ranking talent; he'd also like to see the usually reclusive Nas out at the clubs a lot more than he has been in years, just to hear what's going on and vibe.

"A lot of folks don't really know what it takes to put your heart and soul into this thing and work it out there," Nas said. "To go out there and put your face in the public eye. I personally don't like a lot of limelight. It comes with the territory."

Nas said that production on his album has already begun.

"It's starting now," he said. "I'm really excited about it. I'm listening to Hot 97, [Power] 105. I'm listening to stations in Atlanta, I'm listening to XM Radio. I'm doing the research on the whole thing, and I'm real excited about this move. Coming from my last record with 'Bridging the Gap,' the joint with my dad, I knew I went left, so I couldn't wait to come back" (see "Family Affair: Nas Gets Down With Jazz-Musician Dad In New Video").

"I knew whatever I did next would be a colossal movement," he added. "Now I have everything I need to push me to make the best album I ever made."

Will the new music being generated by Nas inspire Jay-Z to put out his own LP this year? Although he hasn't totally ruled it out, Jigga is still saying no — as of now. For his part, Nas says Hov should definitely put out at least one more record.

"Personally, Jay, I feel like you gotta come back out," Nas said, turning toward Jay and addressing him. "That's just me. Because if me and him don't [keep putting out music], you leave a lot of people out there that's like, 'What's going on?' "

There is no release date on the new Nas album, but he and Hov say to expect it sometime this fall.

Nas and Jay had much to say during their exclusive sit-down interview with MTV News. They addressed their old battle and new turmoil with 50 Cent and Cam'ron; they even talked about Jay's mother and Nas' baby's mother. Don't miss "All Eyes on Jay-Z and Nas," airing Thursday, February 16, at 11 p.

BUT OH NO WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

In an interview with MuchNews on Friday, Fat Joe spoke out for the first time about the new partnership between former rivals Nas and Jay-Z. "I used to look up to Nas a lot," Fat Joe told Hannah Sung. "And I don't even really respect what he did. How do you become a friend to a person who disrespects your baby's mother? It's too much ugliness. I almost died, as a hip hop fan, when I heard they were together."

The rapper also told MuchNews not to expect a similar reconciliation between himself and 50 Cent. "I couldn’t do that," said Joe. "You would never see Fat Joe signing with G-Unit or 50 Cent or nothing like that. I'm a man with a lot of pride."

In reference to G-Unit, Joe claims that 50's clique seeks out confrontation in order to build their profile. "Their whole image is made up of beefs and disrespecting people and stuff like that," he said. "I never really liked hip hop beefs and people talking bad about each other."

ITawAPuddyKat: Yeah, I guess. But I won't be a Lesbo for life.
Smartone Freal: oh so u DO have plans of turnin str8
ITawAPuddyKat: Well Yes, Yes I do.
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: Lol, all smiles aren't we? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol yea i cant hide what i think bout u
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: ...Oh, what DO you think about me? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol sorry thats private
ITawAPuddyKat: EWWWWWWW..*Sigged*

Last edited by §ÄþþØ : 02-15-06 at 05:16 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Dervla   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 05:22 PM   #2
Dervla
Poet's Daughter.

IP: 13A6 FD6E

And say Thank you.....

ITawAPuddyKat: Yeah, I guess. But I won't be a Lesbo for life.
Smartone Freal: oh so u DO have plans of turnin str8
ITawAPuddyKat: Well Yes, Yes I do.
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: Lol, all smiles aren't we? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol yea i cant hide what i think bout u
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: ...Oh, what DO you think about me? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol sorry thats private
ITawAPuddyKat: EWWWWWWW..*Sigged*
Send a message via AIM to Dervla   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 05:52 PM   #3
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

thanks...i suppose
Old 02-16-06, 09:31 AM   #4
Labels
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 373C CDDD

Its not like Nas wouldnt wanna just kick Jay Z ass , but what happened to keep ur friends close and ur enemies closer.....
Old 02-17-06, 05:43 AM   #5
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 0F58 144B

Thanks for what? copy n pastin a damn interview off of a site...Pluuuuus....we all done seen this on tv, yo.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-06, 05:50 AM   #6
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 3739 48EF

this Nas - Jay partnership ain't somethin i'm too keen with...you know it'll blow up in their face...it's too predictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-06, 08:01 PM   #7
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 039D 33CA

Thats Great News.........now Its Invektive And Tha Q's Turn........

Hahaha...sike...
Old 02-18-06, 07:48 AM   #8
Immense

Text Record: 16-12
IP: C55C 64F7

two grown men showing that they can put the past behind them and look towards the future...and that is a bad thing because?

and what the fuck is fat joe talking about..he doesnt like beefs and what not...and he says g-unit make a bigger name for themselves from beef...THEN WHY THE FUCK DID HE MAKE A FEW DISS TRACKS TOWARDS THEM.....for one,it would give them a bigger profile as he said...and two i thought he didnt like beefs?

i think its a good move for hip-hop as a whole..these two guys have had beef..but their not shooting each or other...or tryna kill each other...it shows that hip-hop artists can be civilized and mature...and move on....and its not all about killing each other....

fat joe is stupid....and wasnt he provoking g-unit about the police presence at the music awards when he was presenting one...yet he doesnt like beef and knows it makes them bigger.........idiot..

I Promise Alot...But I Deliver Alot More...

...Topicals...

SPEKTIKUL GFX
Old 02-18-06, 01:17 PM   #9
Method

IP: 0EC9 3C14

I watched the show on MTV with the interview done by Sway. It was pretty cool. I'm happy to see them being homies now but, it was more suspenseful when they were beefing.