RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-06, 12:38 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

My theory on why some people are better at "dissing" than others

IP: 64CA 6C26

1st off, I've never looked at it as a bad thing to not be adept at hurting people's feelings. However, I realize in a blaze battle or rap battle, that's partly the goal. You want to get your opponent to question himself and doubt himself.

Anyway, I have a theory on why some people are better at insulting people than others.

I believe that people who are the best at dissing someone knows how to diss people because they themselves have or at one point had, terrible self esteem. Therefore, they know from experience what "stings" and how to get someone to question himself.

People who aren't good at dissing people, but are good at rapping, have higher self esteem and a different focus.

If I were to name famous rappers, I'd say Common is someone who fits this bill. Though his diss, "Bitch in you" was well done, you don't think "Aww man, Common murdered Cube."

In effect, the best battlers are people with the most "issues".

Holla

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 12:43 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 1F98 D349

People who have lived through their life with no issues have extremly weak character and a shit for brains personality.......

Which is why rich kids are usually stuck up little bratty pricks who think the world revolves around them......

And your wrong actually...

People who have been through shit usually have thicker skin and a higher self esteem because of the extra lessons they have learnt through experience which is what other cats lack.

BTW--

We all know your just trying to justify the fact that you always sound like a dickhead when your in an argument..
Old 04-28-06, 12:43 AM   #3
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

yes.
blah blah blah.
Old 04-28-06, 01:14 AM   #4
LaTiNKiTTeN
...i'm da nicest...

Text Record: 12-0
IP: B544 8574

rofl@q tryin to justify that he sucks at dissin ppl,be it during beef or in a battle.....dude u arent gonna come out on top no matter how much u try to reason with urself

ppl who are good at dissing others are witty,quick,and have a good sense of humour...i've always been good at dissin ppl,n i've always been quick with comebacks.....n,i've also noticed ppl who are intelligent are usually good at dissin ppl....dumb fucks usually cant come with something clever....

ur little "phsycological " explanation is wack
Send a message via AIM to LaTiNKiTTeN   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 01:32 AM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 2977 80E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
1st off, I've never looked at it as a bad thing to not be adept at hurting people's feelings. However, I realize in a blaze battle or rap battle, that's partly the goal. You want to get your opponent to question himself and doubt himself.

Anyway, I have a theory on why some people are better at insulting people than others.

I believe that people who are the best at dissing someone knows how to diss people because they themselves have or at one point had, terrible self esteem.
Therefore, they know from experience what "stings" and how to get someone to question himself.

People who aren't good at dissing people, but are good at rapping, have higher self esteem and a different focus.

If I were to name famous rappers, I'd say Common is someone who fits this bill. Though his diss, "Bitch in you" was well done, you don't think "Aww man, Common murdered Cube."

In effect, the best battlers are people with the most "issues".

Holla

No way. some people are observant and know how to and work that into their lyrics.

and some people dont.

no one can do everything.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 03:32 AM   #6
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: FEAC 2479

dissing is all about perception and getting others to question or believe that perception... it's about thinking outside the box and sometimes just stating the obvious and then exaggerating the hell out of it... it really isn't that hard when ya think about it... but on some level i can see where a person that was picked on all the time finally said "fuck it" and started lashing back at everyone... after a while ya just get tired of being "it" so ya start "tagging" everybody else to take the pressure off... after a bit it's just as natural as breathing...lol

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 10:49 AM   #7
LaTiNKiTTeN
...i'm da nicest...

Text Record: 12-0
IP: B544 8574

must u ride q in every single thread ?
Send a message via AIM to LaTiNKiTTeN   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 12:15 PM   #8
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: FF78 8761

lmfao @ Q trying to find reason as to why he cant put a good diss track together...

here...ill tell you why dip shit...

you cant throw a punch....ive been saying that forever now...and apparently its not gonna get through that thick ass head of yours....YOU CANNOT THROW A DAMN PUNCHLINE FOR SHIT
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 02:20 PM   #9
Ranks™
Real Nigga, nigga.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: D662 A839

Lol...Q, you can't win.

.....Get Soulclapped, E-Style.....
t
Old 04-28-06, 03:07 PM   #10
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: BF7D 522F

your just now figuring this out?
Old 04-28-06, 03:48 PM   #11
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: ABED DE22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
No way. some people are observant and know how to and work that into their lyrics.

and some people dont.

no one can do everything.

Some people can do everything. Just need to know the requirements for all of it.
Old 04-28-06, 04:36 PM   #12
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: C1A9 A6B7

not saying i agree with q...but...1...people who have been through shit, don't have a higher self esteem, and i can get in depth about it if you really want me to...but that's irrelevant..also...everything you said, doesn't contradict any of what the q says....the q said that having a low self esteem makes them aware of what gets to people, because they connect what gets to them..with what should get to everyone else....which...is logical...that has nothing to do with someones character as a result of what they've been through

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 05:11 PM   #13
Kordozar
Gone

Text Record: 46-19
IP: E374 A532

I Thaught It Was Because Some People Are Funny And They Put Their Humor Into Their Verses

Send a message via AIM to Kordozar   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 05:48 PM   #14
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: ABFD 2F07

i dont agree with Q here is my theory is people who are better critics are better at dissing.
a person who can critisize harshly will usualy be better at disses.
Old 04-28-06, 06:10 PM   #15
chronix
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 94B0 FEE7

What wins battles isn't making the other person feeling bad neccessarily. What wins is winning a crowd over, especially at live battles. I've seen niggas spit mediocre verses n' win because they connected to the crowd so much.