RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-05, 12:00 PM   #16
Ancel
God is a Fable.

IP: A326 D256

Word.... deffintly
Old 11-29-05, 12:01 PM   #17
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

Text Record: 6-3
IP: E0AB 9D96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
The cats that jus hear you on the net.........And exactly doing you much good realistically...

And thats what seperates the cats with passion and the ones who just do it for attention and self accomplishment.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

The unexamined life is not worth living.
Send a message via AIM to Mentalz   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 12:01 PM   #18
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7896 5AEF

its on the net yes, but its promoted offline as much as online, and actually the comment about people listening to soundclick e.t.c only for small labels, yes, but labels that are worth while, not a chance, they wouldnt waste time, they want people to prove the skill aswell as the motivation and determination and prove its worth them putting the money into it, where as the stations im talking about, may be online, but for me work, because they have guest appearances and interviews e.t.c with some of the UK's biggest and most respected artists, but also i think u missed the part of ppl playing my shit in clubs, it getting me appearances on mixtapes which will be sold online, at live events, in stores on the high street aswell as actually on the streets, the point was, why waste the time promoting that shit around forums e.t.c when u could spend the same amount of time promoting it to people that have the contacts, and can actually make something happen for you and possibly open doors????

you think my shits wack??? good for you, but i notice everytime sum1 says "leady u suck" "u sound like a blah blah blah" its sumthin to do with my accent and never ever EVER says anything negative about my flow, presence, delivery and lyrical abilities fuck what a narrowminded bitch thinks , end of the day, i know im right, and i know im better than most on this site, spul included(no offence to spul intended, not tryna diss u there)
Old 11-29-05, 12:06 PM   #19
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 5C71 9AD6

Leady are you planning on staying indie indefinatly....

Or can you just not get a deal?
Old 11-29-05, 12:13 PM   #20
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Ok, leady just talked a load of shit about internet radio.. So here is something actually worth taking into consideration...
you lined yourself up to look stupid with ur own comment

Your not wrong... And its good for artists to get a tiny bit of listeners through the internet aswell. But the internet is people spread over vast areas. Which isnt a buzz. What you get is a situation where, peeps will hear your music but not talk about you off the net because they dont expect any of their friends to be even remotly aware of your existance and unless your something over the top and literally on some real hot shit... People aint gonna go to any real trouble to tell anyone about your music...
the radio stations i mentioned are online, but they are the only ones i can use for an example and give u an indication of exactly what it is, they are both based in the UK, and mainly listened to by UK heads, admittidly it doesnt mean they will talk about me offline, but when u concider the amount of listeners and the amount of contacts they have within the industry, im not about to say no now am i??? nope am i fuck, ive been on the show before, had a live battle with alex blood(from blood & jones) who happen to be very well known and respected within our scene, it helps create a buzz for me around the country, aswell as with the few listeners from other countries including australia and america

What you need to be doing is not worrying about singular people over the internet hearing your music. What you need to do is to begin locally. Start getting out there and being heard around the area you live in.. Do some market research, find out what people want to hear, generate a product that is professional sounding and really fresh, new and individual. And attack that shit full force and work your way onto radios, get your tapes being cranked all over town etc etc etc
this is some what true, but that all depends where you are from, for example, over here, most of that isnt needed, the UK is generally open minded for new styles and new sounds e.t.c so u just be yourself and drop what u do, its also generally very close, in a sense that everybody helps each other, where as in america, its totally the opposite everybody is tryna stop the next man getting shine so he can get it himself, so it all depends on where you are from... also just generally promoting to radio stations e.t.c be them online ones or offline ones, provided they are known and respected by people in the industry where you live, it doesnt matter as it will open doors for you eventually

That way you will be creating a real buzz and not just.... "some shit I seen on the net".... Cause while its best to do a mixture of both these days... The cats that jus hear you on the net.........And exactly doing you much good realistically...
this again is generally very true, but once again if the online station is respected and known by people in the industry(and the fans/listeners will know this) they will most likely talk about u offline if they liked ur shit, because they know u must have something going for you to be put up there with the names they allready know, respect and possibly look up to.

yup, i still stand to be corrected
Old 11-29-05, 12:15 PM   #21
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Leady are you planning on staying indie indefinatly....

Or can you just not get a deal?

i can get a deal, i have been signed and been offered deals before, but not deals im looking for, the majority of the UK scene is indipendant with the exception of a few that have been at this for years n years, like jehst, task force e.t.c, labels like low life have established themselves to a point of no longer being an indie label for sum1 puttin they own sound out, but as an actual label for signing artists and is continually growing in status.

if your going to comment on people, and what they are doing e.t.c atleast make sure you know how the scene in that particular country works first
Old 11-29-05, 03:48 PM   #22
L.E
L.E

IP: DB16 D9CD

Old 11-29-05, 06:34 PM   #23
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: E0A0 9622

lol well.....

i'm 17, I go to high school, and I play basketball. And I hardly have any free time, so right now my #1 priority is to finish high school, and earn the best grades I can, so I can get into a good college and i want to finish off strong. so lmao I don't really care about doin' all that shit you "say" you do right now. I got time for that next yr, when I will have the whole year off. So right now for me, the only way I CAN get people to hear my music is through SC and through the net. Plus, I live in Bolton, and this town is no-where near any place I could do shit with hip-hop. I mean, there is nobody here that even cares about hip-hop besides me. I'm only person who raps in my school out of 1000+. So unless I go far out of bolton and into Boston and shit, I can't really do much outside of the net. But i can't do that cuz the lack of time.

So I don't see why you feel the need to knock off my only way of getting my music heard. Right now, music is my #3 priority, school bein' 1, b-ball bein' 2. Next yr, it will be my #1 priority. So till then, I don't give a fuck if you think this shit's bad. I look @ my shit, and if I see 200 plays, that means that atleast over 100 diff people atleast heard some of my music. Will they do anything about it? no, so what? I'm not worried about getting signed yet. Right now, I can't put in 110% into this.

And also, i'm not saying this like i think it's so dope, that i'm so ill cuz i'm #5 on SC. I even said myself, I ain't like song. I just thought it was cool, and this is definetly better then all the stupid ass threads tha Q thinks are neccessary and other pointless threads. I just thought i'd share, it's not like you'll see me rockin' shirts sayin' "I'm #1 in MA ON SC CHARTS!!!!!". fuck that.

And leady, everyone has their opinion. IMO, I think I'm better than you. To each his own, go figure.

But another thing, I find it funny how RV members embrace the threads that have no meaning to it, like threads about peanut butter and jelly, or how you think someone is wack for dissing you over the internet. But when it comes to threads that actually have a point to it, about a member accomplishing somethin' positive, whether big or small. it's pathetic.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 07:36 PM   #24
leady
Addicted

IP: E9C4 E548

im not really tryna knock you, im just saying that soundclick stats n shit dont mean jack, it doesnt actually mean u have a fan base or anything like that e.t.c... i just feel you could spend the time concentrating your music into the right direction as far as promoting it goes, wether people beleive what i do or not, honestly doesnt mean jack to me, when the CD's drop and when im performing e.t.c or on radio or whatever and i know people can tune in, or arent too far away to make the event that post here, i will post it up, but if i do a performance and i know the kid that lives nearest to venue here is over 100 miles away or whatever, whats point posting it up??? nobody will make it so its pointless lol, but al it takes is just putting a little demo togeather, approaching the right people with the right manner of professionalism behind you and it will get your sounds heard by more than just a "soundclick audience" and it can be done without effecting your school work e.t.c....... and i agree, most threads posted in here are pathetic and im kinda glad u posted this one as it had an opening for some intelligent discussion on the subject of promoting e.t.c
Old 11-29-05, 07:40 PM   #25
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 6369 035F

ahhhhhhhhhh trust me..... Online listenin is the right way to go...... no one had known who Dane Cook was like 5 years ago (hes the top selling comedian out right now if u still dont know)..... and all he did was spend time on the internet to promote his comedy cds and shit, and personally imin and emailin fans about upcomin performances and CDs..... and now he had the top comedy cd sellings of all time...... he hit #3 on the Billboard charts wen his latest comedy CD came out..... THIRD..... which has never been done before..... so dont bash internet hits and promotion

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 11-29-05, 07:40 PM   #26
J. Luth
I see dumb people

(in response to leady)^word tru, I know it don't mean much, I just thought it was cool, and jus thought to share. I wasn't sayin', look i'm in top 5, i'm so dope. and plus, i know next yr i will have no school to worry about, have a whole yr to worry about promoting, so till then, I'm fine with jus putting my stuff on soundclick, myspace, etc. Right now i jus wanna focus on school and sports. I still write everyday, but the promoting i am willing to hold off till next yr.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 11-29-05, 07:42 PM   #27
leady
Addicted

IP: E9C4 E548

whos dane cook????... internet can be good, provided you promote properly, just depends what you do/use and how
Old 11-30-05, 07:17 AM   #28
J. Luth
I see dumb people

^tru

but yea, #170 today. up 29 spots. 294 plays 20 DL's last night.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 11-30-05, 07:32 AM   #29
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F019 583F

That's my boy. Good shit hombre.
Old 11-30-05, 03:14 PM   #30
J. Luth
I see dumb people

^Word yo. TE never dies. ~_~

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ