RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-05, 03:36 AM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
lmfao... what a dope kid

IP: 3374 00C5

I was markin english essays today.. The topic they had been studying was authority and rebellion.. and the question was something like "Using examples from 1 core text and 2 texts of your own choice, explain how the forms and features of language convey a sense of authority and rebellion."

They were all pretty boring then I read this one by some kid who dissed the core text. He was like "It was a badly written book and not worth my analyzation. The only thing this book conveys is how much the writer wants to try to look smart when he actually isnt." and that kind of shit. And he wrote a page on why he thought the book was bad... I was like... haha. word.

And then it got better. The other texts he used were Talib Kweli songs, and he tried to pass him off as a poet because the other markers wouldn't know of him. He analyzed some dope lyrics from get by and the manifesto and a whole lot of Talib's other shit.

I was like word... What a cool kid. And I gave him high marks even though it was obvious he didn't study...

He'll probably get scaled down when they screen the marks, but shit. He was a dope kid...
Old 06-15-05, 03:41 AM   #2
Grave Digger
R.I.P

IP: 591C A203

Ummm, I always do that?
Old 06-15-05, 03:56 AM   #3
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

Lol. Good shit yo.

Talib Kweli is dope, fa real.
Old 06-15-05, 04:29 AM   #4
¤ÐÅž¤
leave you rest'n pz's

Text Record: 22-7
IP: A0F2 0238

damn, thats the only way i ever got marks in school
good job on the markin omb..lol
Old 06-15-05, 04:36 AM   #5
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

shit!!, kids got his head straight. You should start a riot if he doesnt get the marks he deserves.
Old 06-15-05, 07:39 AM   #6
D
Light Weight

IP: 508E 2DA7

word, smart kid.
Old 06-15-05, 09:49 AM   #7
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP: EF25 E8E6

i've used my rhymes to get over on assignments before... once in english and, believe it or not, once in chemistry!!!! (it was based on the periodic table) it was the first time i performed in front of a live audience...teacher put me on the spot and made me do it in front of the class... my boy did the beat on the table...shyt was kinda cheesy but straight old school...class loved it...got an A+ on the assignment...

i was really into writing back then... writing like 3 songs a day with 3 verses each ( by the way, that's how you know you writing some wack shyt!!!! no one writes 3 hot ass rhymes per day with 3 verses in each...not even pac, jay-z, eminem, or big... so stop bullshyttin' yaselves)... anyways...i can relate to homie and if the paper was good enough it shouldn't matter who he got his info from....

on the other hand...if you meant text as in a text book then he didn't follow the guidelines and should be penalized for that... not saying give the dude an F but if dude scored an A+ i'd drop him down a grade... it's all about following instructions
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 09:50 AM   #8
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

He's real smart. i shoulda done shit like that when i was at school....wish i had.
Old 06-15-05, 09:57 AM   #9
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3374 00C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Grammatix
on the other hand...if you meant text as in a text book then he didn't follow the guidelines and should be penalized for that... not saying give the dude an F but if dude scored an A+ i'd drop him down a grade... it's all about following instructions

Nah nowadays text means anything... movies, plays, pictures, music...

Only bad thing is his mark might get lowered because the tests get screened... Like some mean guy reads over them and makes sure the mark is suitable.
Old 06-15-05, 11:12 AM   #10
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M.B.
Nah nowadays text means anything... movies, plays, pictures, music...

Only bad thing is his mark might get lowered because the tests get screened... Like some mean guy reads over them and makes sure the mark is suitable.

aiight...i feel ya on that
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 11:24 AM   #11
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: AFC1 3F90

dope but...you shouldn't be talkin bout this for confidentiality reasons?...or rules different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 11:47 AM   #13
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
dope but...you shouldn't be talkin bout this for confidentiality reasons?...or rules different?

no names were used... no school was listed... plus, how many other teachers you think really come to this site? and what would the odds be that teachers from thesame school are on this site?...i wouldn't worry about it
Old 06-15-05, 12:30 PM   #14
Sinikal..45
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 8205 2354

haha, funny shit
Old 06-25-05, 10:56 AM   #15
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 23CE 530C

No way he got away with it, i might do that in my english GCSE's... but im pretty decent at english anyway.