RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-05, 01:21 AM   #1
Magic5

For Those Of You That Box..

IP: 6EB9 28C9

..I have a few questions.

Where/How did you get started? Cause like, I've done pretty good at wrestling.. I know how to fight.. I have determination and dedication to sports like this.. And so I just want to give it a shot, but I don't know where to begin.

Also, I'm 16 years old and weight about 145. For the weight class that I'd fall in to, would it already be to late for me to start doing this, or do you think I can still successfully win fights? Because.. I'm not going to go out if everybody I'm going to fight has 5 years more experience then I do. I just want to know if you guys know, or are somebody, who started a little late, and the success level that came with it.

I'll respond with more questions if I have any, but for now, that's all I got. Please, if you box, respond to this.. I really want to try this shit out.
Old 05-28-05, 01:27 AM   #2
OrEo da cookie
SEE YA AT THE TOP

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 1EDC 673C

i train with a boxer...
he wieghs 220 but he started off around 150 like you at 16
soo far he never lost a fight
{hence why hes my friend and not my en}
Old 05-28-05, 01:31 AM   #3
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 79C8 7A45

werd son

i don't do boxing myself
but my brother does and I have been with him a few times

basically ya just gotta find a place that does it, go down a few times and see if ya enjoy it!!!
obvioulsy everyobdy has nerves about getting knocked out, my brother got KO'ed like 6 times before he actually won a bout......ya just gotta have that grit and determination to not give up and just keep coming back stronger......if ya can do that you will get a lot better and start whoopin that ass. my brother KO's like everyone he fights now.........and he was only 15 when he started.....and a scrawny ass fucka......now he's 22 and a big ass ma'fucka!!!

me myself i do kickboxing
been doing that shit for like 13 years!!!
Old 05-28-05, 06:31 AM   #4
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 828D 0B7A

im a boxer....

16 is fine to start as long as you train hard, you dont have weight categorys in amatuer, just in a close amount to your opponents.

I have been boxing for nearly 5 years and have had 5 fights won 4 and lost one to the british champ.
Old 05-28-05, 06:46 AM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3374 00C5

Where are all the boxers that lose? Ive come across so many and they always go like... "YEAH IVE WON 12 MATCHES LOST NONE" ...
Old 05-28-05, 06:56 AM   #6
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 828D 0B7A

i lost one.....

but if people have a losing record...they prolly wouldnt tell ya, get me.
Old 05-28-05, 07:19 AM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3374 00C5

Word...

ah well. Forget boxing.
Old 05-28-05, 07:31 AM   #8
Saskilla
New to RV

Text Record: 0-2
IP: BB93 433A

Fuck boxing, just gouge eyes.
Old 05-28-05, 09:57 AM   #9
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A8D4 8C9F

Boxing is dope..
But I'd still kick your ass in a fight mim..
Old 05-28-05, 11:53 AM   #10
datopprospect
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 6187 5CD4

I tried boxing once. I won but it was 2 long and tiring. I'ma football player, and a basketball player, and on the track team. But all of those combined doesn't prepare you for the gruelin punishment of being a boxer. Wrestleing might tho. I recommend you watch all 5 rocky's and cinderella man. Maybe the Will Smith Ali movie. EZ
Old 05-28-05, 11:59 AM   #11
Saskilla
New to RV

Text Record: 0-2
IP: BB93 433A

It must take alot of out of you energy-wise. I mean, I wouldn't be able to keep going for a set time.
Old 05-28-05, 12:00 PM   #12
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: F08D 1E1C

people dont think it does, but in the last 30 seconds, after being repeatedly hit and nakered up, and you have to just push your self to see it out..... thats a real sport!
Old 05-28-05, 12:13 PM   #13
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: A597 E53E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
..I have a few questions.

Where/How did you get started? Cause like, I've done pretty good at wrestling.. I know how to fight.. I have determination and dedication to sports like this.. And so I just want to give it a shot, but I don't know where to begin.

Also, I'm 16 years old and weight about 145. For the weight class that I'd fall in to, would it already be to late for me to start doing this, or do you think I can still successfully win fights? Because.. I'm not going to go out if everybody I'm going to fight has 5 years more experience then I do. I just want to know if you guys know, or are somebody, who started a little late, and the success level that came with it.

I'll respond with more questions if I have any, but for now, that's all I got. Please, if you box, respond to this.. I really want to try this shit out.

I looked in the phone book when I started, for boxing clubs. When I started I just wanted to scrap, but you're right experiance means ALOT. So after I got my ass kicked (I was like 15, 16 - same age as you) I spent the next year just training. Upped my physical, and mental game. I had 3 fights the next year and I won all three, but since then I just train to keep my shit quick - Martin Lawerence style lol.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 12:55 PM   #14
DON
Middle Weight

Text Record: 27-11
IP: 1999 62FA

nah man u gota lift ans hsit before u even get into the gym i lost 80 pounds last summer to train for boxing its hard i sparred a couple times but thrusday night i did but u jus gota realize the way to win is to knock out and to knock someone u gota damage and make their brain swell enough that it wont function anymore so either u gota hurt his brain or ur opponent will hurt urs dont think it wont hurt
Old 05-28-05, 03:50 PM   #15
Grave Digger
R.I.P

IP: 591C A203

stop being a pussy, if kids got more experience, you still just go out there and get you ass beat, soon your just gonna learn, learn how to take a punch, how to block, how to dodge, none of us start off as champions, you take a few knocks in the begining, but most of the time, your just gonna get matched up against someone with equall experience. or someone who has a bad record, for your first matches, and if you win some fights, the people you go against will also get better, but you dont just get a fight right away, gotta train first, and ya, just find a boxing gym, and ask the trainer about it.. simple as that, he'll tell you everything